Sunday, May 17, 2009

Oscillating Obstreperousness

There are no problems in life, only varying degrees of challenges. Always keep in mind that after you jump one hurdle there are more to follow. Learn to enjoy the sport and you will never succumb to the trials before you.

I am pretty fortunate to live a simple mostly carefree life. Though, like anyone, I wish the die would roll more in my favor from time to time. My computer died again despite the heroic efforts of my technologically inclined friend. He has valiantly, yet futilely, toiled away on that beast like a Hollywood cosmetic surgeon trying to keep a forgotten, pilled up, prehistoric actress from showing too many wrinkles and saggy extra chins. Like those fallen starlets we should be cognizant of when its time to put our relics out to pasture. I will remedy my computer troubles by buying a new laptop. I have started saving and am over halfway there, sweet!

I wrote a few blogs back about getting robbed while on the job. Good times. Well, I got robbed again. Unfortunately, this time I don't have the satisfaction of having hit my assailant or almost killing him with a knife. That evil puke was smart enough to bring his gun and shove it in the faces of my co-workers and myself. All I could do was helplessly watch as he ran away with all the cash my store had generated that day. I haven't been that pissed in a long time.

Having survived a less than perfect childhood, as well as many other high adrenaline moments throughout my life, has given me nerves of steel and I was fully in control of my faculties while having a gun pointed at me. Doesn't everyone wonder from time to time what they would do and how they would react in extreme situations? My list of extreme situations is getting shorter every day. That is twice now in five months that I have been robbed. Time for a new job? Nay, I say! I found where all the action is!

My band has seen better days, arguably. Our drummer quit on us. He cites the physical demands of playing heavy metal and the repetitive nature of his role as a drummer being the primary reasons for his departure. Apparently practicing two days a week and playing a live show every other week was too hard on him and got in the way of his potato chip eating habits. He tried to blame the rest of my band mates, none more so than me, for holding him back and limiting his creative freedom, but, I busted his arguments almost as badly as he busts his pants with his ever growing waistline. He had to admit that he was just too lazy to carry on. Being cognizant, we loosed our cow into the pasture to cud until his brethren come home. Bitter much? Nah.

2009 has been mildly daunting thus far but there has been plenty of good to balance with the bad. For example: I finally bought my new 50 inch 1080p plasma HDTV! Awesome Zen! Now I can play my video games in their full resolution and colorful beauty. People like to argue HDTV specs, such as LCD vs. Plasma and screen size (yawn), but I am content with my purchase and confident I found the right HD for me. Suck it!

I have my looks (ha!), my health (rock!), and my blog (eh!?) so all is swell. I haven't raced far enough yet to reach the finish line, but the fact that I am still here leaping higher and farther over each daily hurdle is a triumph in my eyes and I can't wait for more.

Bring it.

SG

:)

No comments: